However, remember that this is a position you grow and advance into, rather than following a straightforward education path that lands you in the job right after graduation. In all honesty, the numbers are not surprising, given how to become a devops engineer the breadth of knowledge and skills that a DevOps engineer possesses and the sheer number of responsibilities they have on their plate. As such, we can assume that a DevOps salary would be higher than that of an IT generalist.
It goes without saying that DevOps Engineers are in high demand. However, there are a few named organizations that offer lucrative salaries to Engineers. For example, here’s what DevOps Engineer annual salaries look like in a small sample taken from United States companies, according to Glassdoor. Although not every company can match an AWS DevOps Engineer salary, the range is fairly tight and the compensation is generous.
DevOps Engineer Salary
The highest reported DevOps Engineer salaries are reported in the United States where DevOps Engineers can earn anywhere from $166,000–$260,000 (Meta). You’ll also find other big tech companies like Google ($202,000), Gigster ($199,000), and Mozilla ($196,000) offer similar salary ranges. All salary data is in USD, for local currencies, you can view the table below. Glassdoor reports the average salary for a software developer at $96,075 per year. The lowest salary for a software developer is $67K, and the highest is $137K.
Genesis10 is currently seeking an Application Programmer with our client in the financial industry located in Jersey City, NJ & Charlotte, NC. Our client is currently seeking a Senior Propulsion Engineer Responsibilities Rapidly design, develop.. Experience) MS or PhD in mechanical or aerospace engineering or equivalent extended experience 5.. According to StackOverflow, DevOps engineers working with Chef, Pulumi, and Terraform earn the highest salaries.
Recent DevOps Engineer salaries in US
It takes a willingness to break away from the boundaries set by your earlier training and job descriptions. Based on these numbers, the average software developer salary is $87,277 per year. This figure is lower than the average DevOps salary of $109,956 per year; however, it’s not as low as an IT generalist’s salary.
- We can see that the average entry-level salary for a DevOps engineer is $83,094 per year.
- And finally, Paris offers the lowest DevOps Engineer salaries ($55,000).
- DevOps Engineers in Germany have a median salary of $70,000, with Juniors earning $68,000 on the low end and Seniors earning $89,000 on the high end.
- According to PayScale, DevOps engineers located in San Francisco, California, earn an average of 33.2% more than the national average.
- The lowest salary for a software developer is $67K, and the highest is $137K.
- The expected range for DevOps Engineers (depending on experience and location) is between $53,000 and $146,000.
- You might start as a backend developer and become interested in product deployment and project management, leading you to a DevOps engineer position later.
Glassdoor reports the average senior-level DevOps engineer with more than 15 years of experience at $140,605 per year, with a low of $105K and a high of $188K. ZipRecruiter lists the average salary as $102,744 per year, with a low of $38K and a high of $159K. Indeed lists the average salary for a full-stack developer at $106,208 per year, with an additional $4,100.
Search DevOps Engineer Job Openings
Zippia reports the average software developer salary at $80,000 per year, while Indeed lists it as $101,182 per year, with an additional annual cash bonus of $4,000. A software developer interested in network operations and product deployment can become an engineer. Similarly, if you’re a systems admin, you can learn scripting skills, move into software development, and help improve testing and deployment.
- Review the job openings and experience requirements for the DevOps Engineer job to confirm that it is the job you are seeking.
- Based on these numbers, the average software developer salary is $87,277 per year.
- Learn more about him on his website, and connect with Salman on Twitter.
- PayScale lists the average entry-level DevOps engineer salary as $74K per year, while ZipRecruiter has it at $86,770 per year.
- The highest reported DevOps Engineer salaries are reported in the United States where DevOps Engineers can earn anywhere from $166,000–$260,000 (Meta).
- PayScale says an average salary for a senior-level DevOps engineer is $130K per year if you have more than 20 years of experience.
- The lowest salary is around $75K per year, and the highest salary is $141K per year.
According to the CodinGame Developer Survey from 2021, DevOps is one of the most sought-after positions. Moreover, 64% of the surveyed companies said they plan to hire 50 such developers this year. The survey was based on responses from 15,000 international developers and HR professionals.
DevOps Engineer salaries are based on responses gathered by Built In from anonymous DevOps Engineer employees in Los Angeles. Lastly, BuiltIn reports the average salary as $125,577, with an average additional cash compensation of $15,244. Interestingly, BuiltIn also reports the highest salary at $325K and the lowest at $45K. The average additional cash compensation for a DevOps Engineer in US is $16,866. The average total compensation for a DevOps Engineer in US is $149,863.
Judging by the numbers above, the DevOps engineer position has a bright future ahead, so it’s worth pursuing. For a long time, for me, it has been all about succeeding as much as possible in the main job, so putting all the effort, attention and time there. Add your salary anonymously in less than 60 seconds and continue exploring all the data. Search thousands of open positions to find your next opportunity.
GCP DevOps Engineer – Remote
DevOps Engineer Qualifications and SkillsBuild, test and maintain infrastructure and tools so that software can be developed and released. The EAM will fully understand the customer’s business, and will effectively partner with RevolutionEHR internal stakeholders in customer success, product management, engineering, finance.. Azure DevOps Chef or other configuration management tool AWS Agile Windows and Linux OS Compensation.. The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually.
DevOps Engineer salaries are based on responses gathered by Built In from anonymous DevOps Engineer employees in Chicago. The average salary for a DevOps Engineer in Los Angeles is $147,247. The average additional cash compensation for a DevOps Engineer in Los Angeles is $18,600. The average total compensation for a DevOps Engineer in Los Angeles is $165,847.